Amazon is involved with every part of our lives. Shopping, pharmacy, store fronts, and even AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Affiliate Marketing.
Today, let’s talk about affiliate marketing with Amazon and some important things to know.
There is a lot to navigate here. Now there is one thing I want to get out of the way first. The commission structure with Amazon is low. There is no doubt about that
but on the upside to that, Amazon is a huge marketplace and you can earn with their affiliate program. So, let me show you how.
Below, I am going over five real important things to know before venturing in to become an Amazon affiliate and then important steps to opening an Amazon Affiliate Account.
So here we go:
- If you are reviewing products on your blog, for an example, you must disclose that you can earn commissions for your recommendations.
- You cannot make false or deceptive statements in your reviews.
- Do not refer to or quote prices as they can change frequently.
- You cannot use Amazon affiliate links in offline promotions, eBooks, or email campaigns.
- You are not allowed to use link shortners for your Amazon affiliate links.
As you can see these are very important factors to be aware of before starting and here is the link to the full Amazon Associates Agreement
Basically the ways to earn is by having a website, blog, product storefront, a youtube channel, and social media.
The typical ebook or email campaigns are not allowed. I’m just showing that if you have a huge subscriber email list, it will be somewhat difficult to send amazon affiliate links to your list.
The are very strict with this. Amazon is looking for ethical promotion as well as preventing associates from gaming the system.
Affiliate Marketing with Amazon is a great way to earn money, even with their low commission structure, especially if you are new to online marketing or you just want to add some extra dollars to your monthly income.
To get started with affiliate marketing with Amazon you have to follow these eight steps and there is some important things to know.
- Create a Website, Blog, or Youtube channel. If you have one of these already then skep to step 2. If you don’t have one then here is a free resource for the blog or website. Create a blog or website in a subject that interests you greatly. You will be blogging about these products or services so make sure it is something that is near and dear to your heart.
- Go to Amazon Associate Homepage and click Sign Up. This link will prompt you to sign into your Amazon account so if you don’t have one already. Create the account and then go back to the Amazon Associate Signup
- Fill out the form by entering your Account Information
- This is where you will enter your website address and also if you have an app.
- Enter your preferred store ID. You will also write here what you want to accomplish and choose which topics you will likely target.
- Choose here how you are going to drive traffic
- Choose your payment method
- Start creating your Amazon Affiliate Links – you will be brought to your performance dashboard to show your earnings overview, monthly summary, and total clicks.
Once your Amazon affiliate account is set up you want to start promoting your affiliate links.
Promotion is Key when you are Affiliate Marketing with Amazon
Pick a product and write an honest review for that product. Insert your affiliate link. Make sure you disclose that you will receive compensation if anyone purchases and keep the review real.
Blog consistently about different products. If you are using Youtube then create at least 1 video per week. Once you create then share it on all of your social media platforms and on search engines.
You need traffic and organic traffic can help you grow without spending.
You need traffic also to be able to drive referrals to Amazon and earn commission. Writing good content, learning SEO, and creating a content marketing strategy will help you to reach your financial goals. You can eventually also do some paid advertising with paid social media ads or with PPC ads.
Now that you have a schedule and a marketing strategy. You are probably wondering when and how you get paid.
How you get paid with Affiliate Marketing with Amazon
Amazon pays their associates by direct deposit to your bank account, amazon gift card or check by mail.
There is a 60 days net or hold so, for example, you will get paid in March for the sales you brought in January.
You get paid upon the item getting shipped. If the customer cancels before the shipment goes out, you will not receive the commissions for that order.
If you have a passion for an eCommerce product you can definitely turn that passion into a passive income with Amazon.
Create a blog, write, promote, and earn. It really is that simple.