What is a lead magnet you ask?
A lead magnet is a free resource that attracts prospects to your niche, so that they may become future customers. By using this free content as an incentive, visitors are more likely to sign up for your email list and eventually become paying customers.
The most common one that you’ve probably seen is a free guide or report that’s delivered in PDF format. However, there are plenty of other Lead Magnets you can offer. More on that later.
Your goal is to maximize the number of targeted leads you are getting for an offer.
These 5 points below will help you understand what is a lead magnet:
- Speak directly to your customers. Find the pain points and address your customers challenges. Speak their language and give them what they want.
- Be very specific. You should focus on one ultra specific segment in your market. You should deliver that “One Big Promise” to your visitors. Focus on one challenge, problem, or pain point and use specific numbers, examples, and results within your copy.
- People want immediate gratification. We all do. The information that you give to people should be easy to access and consume. Almost like a magic bullet, a quick fix for them. Having said that, you have to wow your prospect in less than 5 minutes so this isn’t a lot of time. Don’t create a roadblock for your customers.
- Give high value. This kind of goes without saying. Just because it’s free doesn’t mean it should be cheap. Give high quality delivery like graphics, PDF, video, etc. because you only have one chance to make a good impression and you want to really over deliver on your promise.
- Build a relationship with your prospect. You want to build rapport, develop trust, and establish authority. By delivering a “WOW” to them you are also shifting your prospects mindset. You can use these for future engagement and purchases.
Best Lead Magnets
These are the best lead magnets to focus on. They should not take too long to create. Some simple and powerful lead magnets are as follows. Make is simple and specific.
You want to give quick consumption.
- Free Report/Guide
- Video Tutorial
- Audio Lesson
- Quiz – excellent to use. very effective
- Spreadsheets – Great for Finance niche – easy to create and a useful resource
- Cheat Sheets
- Check Lists
- Toolkit/Resource Guide
- Discount/Coupon/Free Shipping – Great for physical products
You can completely make or break your lead generation success and it also plays a vital role in building trust and a smooth sales process.
If you need help in creating a funnel and for your business please check out this resource.